My Lack of ELA Tech Standards Knowledge

    In looking at the Florida Standards for computer science, I have realized that I am definitely underprepared.  I can handle the first few benchmarks about communication and collaboration, however, the father down the document I scroll, the less I know. The first, most basic standard is the ability to collaborate with peers about what information you have found. This also requires being able to conduct basic internet searches. I feel equipped to teach this, however that is one of the only standards I feel comfortable teaching. 
    The subject area that I selected was first grade social studies. I found a resource about George Washington, learning why he is so important to our country. Not only does the resource provide social studies knowledge, it also gives a lesson plan about identifying vocabulary words. It is a direct and specific lesson plan, so using it in a classroom would be very straight forward. I will definitely be using this website in my future. 
    Internet searching has become more and more important for everyone to know, especially teachers. Teachers are seen as knowing the answers to any question, especially to the younger kids they teach, so it is important to be able to get the answers they want. The skill I will be using more of in the future is putting phrases in quotation marks. I had learned about this skill before in middle/high school but I forgot about it until now. Very grateful for the memory jog. 
    

Comments

  1. Hey Selina, I totally relate to this. I keep getting lost and honestly don't know when to start. I think you wanting to learn the ins and outs for your students is very admirable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About little old me!

Diigo, Blogging, Web 2.0

AI Chatbots