AI Chatbots

     The website design assignment was fun for me to do! I liked being able to theme the site however I wanted. I wanted the design to be easy to follow but fun to look at. My website was for a kindergarten class and I used images and colors that gave garden type of feel. The only thing that I did not really like about the assignment was the application we used to make the website. It was a little hard to navigate and it did not let me move text around the way I wanted. But other than that I really enjoyed it. 

https://msdrawdysfirstgrade.weebly.com/

    I don't typically use AI in my daily life. I do see how it can be useful. Most of the time I forget that I could be using AI to help me with a task, it is not what I reach for first. I'm used to using search engines like Google when I don't know something. Occasionally when I think about it, I will use Chat GPT to find a recipe or make a list of popular books or movies. 

    In class, ChatGPT surprised me. I'm not sure why I am so surprised at this point, I know it can answer most any question. I used it in class to give me a lesson plan on teaching the parts of a story to third graders. It gave me everything I would need to know, right down to a list of materials. I was a little surprised at how specific it was. In the future, I will warn my students about AI chatbots. To remember that they are a good tool, but are not to be used on their homework. I do not want them to be afraid of them, but rather see them as another resource. 

    I can see myself using ChatGPT to check my work in the future. Once I make a lesson plan I might ask ChatGPT to make one and compare what I did and the feedback it gave me. I can see that strategy being useful in a history class, making sure you do not forget any important topics. I'm not sure that strategy will increase my productivity but it will make sure that my future students are learning in a fun and effective way. 

    

Comments

  1. I loved the spring floral aesthetic of your website! The font color on your Home and Contact Me pages where the text is over an image is a little hard to see which makes the readability difficult. I love the events you included though, great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About little old me!

Diigo, Blogging, Web 2.0